Danbury Township, Lakeside on Lake Erie and Village of Marblehead share a rich history and are collectively known as The Marblehead Peninsula.
Our many miles of shoreline on Lake Erie, the harbors and Sandusky Bay have encouraged our visitors and residents to affectionately call "Vacationland". Recreational opportunities abound and enhance the many businesses and historical sites that are deeply rooted in our little corner of the world.
Our history reflects the War of 1812 Battle Marker, Johnson's Island Confederate Cemetery, The Keeper's House, the Marblehead Lighthouse, Lakeside's Chautauqua resort, stone quarrying, peach and apple orchards and many fine shop reminiscent of New England.
The Marblehead Peninsula Chamber of Commerce is proud to have been an active member of this unique community for over 60 years! We are pleased to have members from surrounding areas such as Kelley's Island, Port Clinton and Sandusky. We look forward to working with each and every member. With most members on the Chambers Board of Directors being self-employed individuals, there is a strong backing for the continued development in this are.
CONTINUED GROWTH LEADS TO CONTINUED BUSINESS"
- To promote and market the Peninsula for the purpose of economic growth and good will between the businesses of our area.
- To provide a structured organization to assist the business community with economic and community concerns.
- To assist established businesses and to encourage and promote new businesses by supporting selected programs to benefit the short and long term interest of the Peninsula.
- Public recognition at our awards banquet for Outstanding service by individuals and area Businesses
- Sponsor of Boy Scout Troop 331 And Cub Scout Pack 331 for over 50 years
- Sponsor of Lakeside-Marblehead Lighthouse Festival
- Coordinated promotion of area businesses With other local tourism entities
Officers & Staff:
- President - Dorothy Henry
- Vice President - Mary Ann Rowland
- Executive Secretary - Cyndi Jaggers
- Treasurer - Pete Schwager
- Past President - Mary Ann Hirsch
- Executive Director - Judy Balsom